Friday, January 27, 2012

Spring Couture 2012

I could not believe how much I fell in love with the Christian Dior collection.  Everything was perfect in my opinion.  The collection consisted mostly of white, black and purple with only a few other colours dappled in between.  Ladylike silhouettes were in abundance whether it be Marie Antoinette style gowns or high necklines and A-line skirts.  Keeping with the feminine theme, another show which I really liked was Elie Saab.  Going for lighter colours and soft textures Saab also added a little sparkle to the pieces.  Again high, modest necklines are what appealed to me and I am particularly fond of the gorgeous wedding gown that was the final showstopper of the presentation.  The pink-tinged dress with capped sleeves and a magnificent wide princess-esque skirt made the dress something that brides everywhere would be dreaming on.  So enough of my ramblings, lets see the images of some of my favourite looks.  The first five are from Dior and the final three from Elie Saab.



No comments:

Post a Comment