Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A taste of the twenties

At the moment I am completely obsessed with the fashion and sociology of the 1920s or the "roaring 20s" as they were more affectionately known.  Three things have sparked this current fascination with the decade.  The first is the new adaptation of The Great Gatsby (one of my all time favourite books) currently being filmed in Sydney, the second is the television series Underbelly Razor and finding a gorgeous vintage 1920s style dress last week just tipped me over the edge into a full-blown obsession!

In the spirit of my love for the 1920s I thought I would share a few images that I thought were noteworthy and have fueled my fixation.

Ralph Lauren's recent Great Gatsby inspired collection

1920s style pieces available now at Net-A-Porter

Shots from the set of the Great Gatsby in Sydney

Chelsie Preston Crayford as Tilly Devine in Underbelly Razor

Chanel dresses from 1926 and 1927

No comments:

Post a Comment